I didn’t write a Thanksgiving post. The holiday is one of my favorites, but writing about it only twisted the knife of being far away. And I felt like I was lying because I wasn’t very thankful for much. As hard as I tried I couldn’t pull myself into a spirit of gratefulness. But a few weeks have passed and the horror of culture shock is wearing off. While being truly thankful is still not a constant companion or anything, I do find that I like things that are different or specific to Spain. I am hoping these things and the hard stuff can become fruits of thankfulness.
- Milk. It tastes good/different.
- Walking. Not having a car.
- Learning Spanish.
- The Plaza
- Dogs. Well behaved beautiful dogs…
- Street musicians
- Boots (warm, cheap and guay)
- En Vivo
- Teaching fun English expressions to people
- Learning new cultures
- Parque de Jesuitas (this is a beautiful park)
I also like the fact that I have time to make this place my home. It won’t all happen at once. Poco a poco.